Sunday 12 April 2015

Addicted to YOU



"Hey I just finished cooking,I was going to join you". I say on a smile.

"Cook well or burnt everything up"?? he asks with a raised eyebrows.

" Smartass" I say come let's sit.

We sit adjacent to each other on the sofa and the tension is in the air again. None of us wanting to break the silence.

"Okay, this is really weird" Araash says.. "but I need to clear the air so that You stop behaving like this".

"When I first met you I honestly didn't know your going to be this important to me Sarah".

"Me neither" I respond.




"You have to understand that I am not used to telling anyone how I feel, but by being like that and keeping my feelings to myself has made me loose important people in my life in the past. I can't bare the fact of loosing you at any cost. Having said that I, also very well remember that you are married and I can't be anything other then a good friend to you. What we did last time was at the heat of the moment, I do not blame you or myself for it. It was suppose to happen and it did. I don't want you to run from me thinking of that. Rather I would want us to be practical about it and handle the situation in a mature manner. Okay, Did I make any sense" ?? He asks.

"Yes a little",I reply. Honestly I am ADDICTED to YOU. You have become a very important part of my life in a very short while. Which I am not sure is a good or a bad thing. I'm the happiest when I'm with you, so I would want you to be around for a long time too. I have started seeing you in a new light for the past few weeks, I am trying to get my head around it so please give me some time. I need you as a friend for life so please be a little patient with me. I need some space seeing you like this distracts me you know"...

Me  just saying that has put a smug smile on his face. He raises his eyebrows at me and says, " ok next time I will come shabbily dressed so you won't get distracted by me."

" Smartass" I reply. And the door bell rings.

My neighbor is here looking all pleased with herself. " Sorry to bother you" she says..."I wanted to know if the maid is at your place, she hasn't yet come to work for me".

" No, she left long back." I reply . My phone starts ringing, so I ask Araash to check who is on the other end. That's when I notice that she is trying to peak into my house and see whom I'm talking to. I give her a polite smile and ask her if she needs anything else.

" Oh no." She responds. " Is your husband not well is he at home today?" She asks.

" Umm..... no he has left for office long back. That's just a friend of mine who is visiting me".I respond.

" Ohhh.... ok sorry to have disturbed you then. " she says with a mischievous smile on her face. And she saunters off.

I am left wondering what was all that about. I turn to Araash who is busy talking on my phone. I raise my eyebrow at him and he mouths sit back and enjoy. I soon realize he is being his usual self with a Telemarketer on the phone. Once he is done harassing them with his silly questions his attention is diverted back to me. We sit there talking for a while until, we realizes it's been really long since he has been here.

"Ohh ......please go now i say , I'm really bored of you."

"Ohh...... yeah you have been entertained by me for the last hour or two and you are complaining. So mean of you. Wait till I won't be available to meet you anymore then you will realize my worth" he says.

"Oh ...yeah we shall see about that" I say. But just hearing that he won't be around one day to hang around with me, just like today ,has me missing him already.

He gives me a tight hug and we say our goodbyes. I open the door to let him out. A gang of aunties who live in my apartment, standing and chit chatting  look at Araash and start talking among themselves. The ever present gentleman that he is, he says hello to all of them. And then turns and winks at me and says "Adios baby."

All the ladies are just staring at each other now, and I'm sure I have given them a new topic to gossip about in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment